The Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Programs is the accrediting body for Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Programs. Accreditation documents that an independent panel has carefully reviewed the training program and determined that it meets the Core Competencies established by ATTUD.
Mission and Vision
The vision of TTS Training Program accreditation is to provide leadership and to promote excellence in the professional preparation of Tobacco Treatment Specialists through the accreditation of Tobacco Treatment Specialist training. As an accrediting body, we are committed to the development and proliferation of standards and procedures that meet the needs of a dynamic, diverse, and complex population of tobacco users, including:
- preparing tobacco treatment specialists to provide evidence-based treatments for tobacco dependence in a variety of contexts, and
- encouraging and promoting the continuing development and improvement of TTS training and educational programs.
The goals of the accreditation program are to:
- establish and continually review TTS training standards;
- evaluate training program compliance with established standards;
- recognize training programs which demonstrate compliance
- serve as a resource for TTS certification.