VIRTUAL TRAINING: Maine Health CTI Intensive Skills
Tobacco Interventions: Intensive Skills Training
April 13 – 15, 2021
The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence provides the training pathway for individuals perusing the National Certificate. In order to meet the training standards, individuals need to attend the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training, Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training and Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Annual Conference. More information and dates can be found on our website at National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice | Center for Tobacco Independence (ctimaine.org). For questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-requisite: In order to attend the Intensive Skills Training one must complete the Basic Skills Training within the past five years. Our next Basic Skills Training is being held May 11-13th 2021.
This skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Clinicians will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. This training is appropriate for individuals who have completed the Basic Skills Training within the past five years and are interested in increasing their tobacco treatment skills. The training is a requirement for those interested in the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice.
The Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training will include multiple live and recorded sessions.
- Pre-work sessions, including post-evaluation/quiz, will be available on April 6th and must be completed by 5pm on April 12th.
- Tuesday, April 13th from 9am – 1:15pm
- Sessions will include a welcome, introductions, answering questions on pre-work and motivational interviewing.
- Recorded Sessions with Debriefs:
- Sessions will be released at 12pm on April 13th and need to be completed by 11:30am on Thursday, April 15th
- Wednesday, April 14th from 8am – 11:30am
- Sessions will include medications, case studies and Ethics.
- Thursday, April 15th from 11:30am – 1:15pm
- Sessions will include a review of tobacco treatment and control resources, the Maine Quitlink, recorded session debrief and office hours