VIRTUAL TRAINING: Maine Health CTI Basic Skills
Tobacco Interventions: Basic Skills Training
May 11 – 13, 2021
The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence provides the training pathway for individuals perusing the National Certificate. In order to meet the training standards, individuals need to attend the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training, Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training and Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Annual Conference. More information and dates can be found on our website at National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice | Center for Tobacco Independence (ctimaine.org). For questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join other health professionals in this virtual training to learn more about nicotine addiction and how to integrate brief, evidence-based tobacco treatment interventions into current practice. The Basic Skills Training is open to all health professionals, prevention professionals, and community members who are interested in learning more about the burden of tobacco and strategies for intervention and treatment.
Training Components and Topics Include:
- Tobacco Prevalence, Products & Burden – A Death Epidemic
- Tobacco Use & Addiction – Willpower Isn’t Enough
- ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) – A New Epidemic
- Engaging Tobacco Users – Motivational Interviewing & Brief Interventions
- Engaging Tobacco Users – Motivational Interviewing & Brief Interventions (continued)
- The Role of Tobacco Treatment Medications – Increasing Quit Success
- Planning for Success – Quit Planning & Relapse Prevention