VIRTUAL TRAINING: Duke-UNC TTS Training Program (28.75 CME hours)
Comprehensive Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program (28.75 CME hours)
October 25-November 2, 2021
The Duke-UNC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program is a unique collaboration of three leaders in tobacco treatment, education, and research: the Duke Smoking Cessation Program, the University of North Carolina Tobacco Treatment Program and the North Carolina Division of Public Health. The program includes findings from the most current evidence-based research on pharmacotherapy, population-based issues, practical guidance on running a practice, and targeted skills in tobacco dependence counseling. Information is provided as a highly interactive, 100% virtual experience over the course of 2 weeks, with a focus on problem-based learning activities, applied practice problems, and practice counseling. The Duke-UNC TTS course satisfies the training component required for individuals who wish to earn their National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP) through NAADAC.
- Blended format of online, self-paced training and interactive, virtual classes
- Trainees earn up to 28.75 CME credits
- Information delivered through lectures, problem-based learning activities, applied practice problems, and practice counseling
- Comprehensive curriculum covers targeted skills in tobacco dependence counseling, pharmacotherapy, population-based issues, practical guidance on running a practice, and more
- Nationally accredited by the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Programs
- Partial scholarships available for qualified applicants
- Tuition of $1,250 includes online access to the TTS course portal (for access to asynchronous course materials), 4 virtual, synchronous course sessions, a comprehensive training manual, and application and CME processing fees.
Structure: Online asynchronous prerequisite work, then 2 synchronous virtual sessions (10/25 and 10/26), one week break with additional asynchronous work, then 2 more synchronous virtual sessions (11/1 and 11/2). Visit our website for more details about the schedule.