VIRTUAL TRAINING: Duke-UNC Intensive Behavioral Health Approaches to Tobacco Treatment (7.75 CME hours)
Intensive Behavioral Health Approaches to Tobacco Treatment (7.75 CME hours)
December 2, 2021, 11:00am-5:00pm ET
Course Description: Health care professionals have received little training in current advanced techniques for intensive behavioral approaches to improved tobacco use treatment. This training will assist clinicians with acquiring improved skills in behavioral interventions for tobacco use treatment. Through experiential training methods, participants will be able to demonstrate how to use a variety of behavioral interventions, from motivational interviewing to cognitive behavior therapy to mindfulness practice. The training will also provide opportunities to practice how understanding cultural differences can improve behavioral counseling outcomes.
- Foundational Behavioral Interventions
- Myths and misconceptions about counseling
- Motivational interviewing for increasing cessation outcomes
- Cognitive behavioral therapy in tobacco treatment
- Mindfulness approaches to tobacco treatment
- Implementing skills training in cessation treatment
- Implementing social support strategies into cessation treatment
- Practical approaches and cases
For more information or to register, please visit https://www.dukeunctts.com/programs-one-day-intensives.